Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Birds, bees, and the blues

Sorry I havent posted in a few days. Im sure you were all hanging on waiting, lol. Anyway, the second day of school as come and gone. I have been going through tons and tons of paperwork that they give. You know, emergency forms and stuff like that. There was an interesting form about some Family Life program they have in VA, not sure if its anywhere else. They say you can opt out if you like but its basically asking permission to teach your kids about some aspects of sex, sexuality, among other things. I dont mind my kids learning about that sort of thing but of course we, as parents need to discuss it as well, in the home. We have spoke to our boy about it somewhat. But I will be honest, I know he knows some things about body parts and sex, etc but what is he really retaining? They are going to push abstinence in the school which is great,  but is it realistic? I hope so! I cant even imagine how hard it is for parents to explain, tampons and masterbation to kids, that are quote, unquote, normal, let alone ones that are on the spectrum. Hopefully I will get more followers who may be able to shed some light on that one. I guess the blues comes from thinking about someone taking advantage of my guys, because his "deficiency" is in the social area. And we all know how "social" teenage girls can be, lol. I have to be on the lookout for that, cause he is pretty handsome, again lol. Well, hope everyone is doing ok today. And I am going to try to figure out how to post some autism links on here, so my followers can learn more about it. Thanks ALL :)

2 comments:

  1. You are correct in your thought process, youth need a better form of education about sex and relationships building, and it shouldnt just come from school, it should come from parents who are responsible.

    ReplyDelete