Sunday, August 29, 2010

School time

Hello friends, I have been thinking about posting my blog info to obtain more followers but am unsure about it. Its hard to have everyone know that your child isnt perfect. And especially autism. I think people dont know what to say when you say, the "a" word, lol. We have been dealing with impending entry into middle school. My boy has been very upset about it. I think he is nervous because he has a hard time making new friends. This is a new school with new friends. A new building, so its scary. Its scary for Mom to, as anyone can appreciate. I am worried about him making new friends. All kids want to be liked, and the cocoon we had in elementary school is gone. We have to get that in middle school. Until next post....

1 comment:

  1. At first I was reluctant to share Cooper's business on the blog I created for him but once I opened up about all the challenges we faced I began hearing from others who were in similar circumstances who I was able to exchange emails and information with and we helped each other through it. So, while it can be scary to put yourself out there, there can be many benefits to doing so also. The same has been true for my personal blog about my cancer journey too. But you need to be comfortable with it so take your time and post just what you are comfortable posting. Just know that there's millions of parents dealing with this just like you and they're out there looking to connect with other parents for support and information. xoxo

    ReplyDelete